November 18, 2017 - 8am
Half Marathon, 10K & 5K
Ditch the desk and get active at the Anthony Flying Horse Workplace Race, a fitness challenge for organizations of all sizes and participants of all levels! The race begins and ends in Anthony, Texas, the "Gateway to Texas," crossing into New Mexico and taking runners through two states in one race!
Perfect for both first-time runners and experienced athletes who want to improve their time, the Anthony Flying Horse Workplace Race is an opportunity for workplace groups to get active and accomplish a common goal.
Who: You and your co-workers! Each team must have at least 4 members; an organization may create a team in one or more of the distances.
What: A fitness challenge! Form teams and train together to compete in the Anthony Flying Horse Half Marathon, 10K and 5K. With three distance options, this race is perfect for beginners and experienced athletes!
When: Saturday, November 18 at 8am
Where: Henry Miramontes Memorial Park | 100 Richard White | Anthony, Texas
Why: The Workplace Race is an opportunity to invest in your health, meet new friends, and have fun together!
How: Register online, create a team, and recruit teammates! See instructions below.
Regular registration fees apply. To register for the Workplace Race:
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ link on the Anthony Flying Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K event page.
- On the RunSignUp page, click the "Sign Up" tab.
- Enter participant information and choose the desired event distance (Half Marathon, 10K, or 5K).
- Under "Workplace Race Team" click "Create or Join Workplace Race Team."
- If your organization has already created a team, click the appropriate name from the "Select Existing Workplace Race Team" dropdown menu.
- If your organization has not yet created a team, click "Create New Workplace Race Team." Then, create a team name, set a password (if desired), and click "Continue" to finish registering.
The registration fee includes a moisture-wicking race shirt, athlete bag, post-race snacks and drinks, an interactive race day Expo, chip timing, a medal for Half Marathon finishers, and more!
Anthony Flying Horse benefits benefits scholarships for El Paso area students.
$70 through August 31
$80 September 1 – October 31
$90 November 1 - November 17
$40 through August 31
$50 September 1 – October 31
$60 November 1 - November 17
$25 through August 31
$35 September 1 – October 31
$45 November 1 - November 17
$10 off Half Marathon registration (Coupon code: USA17)
MUST SHOW MILITARY ID AT PACKET PICK-UP. May not be used with any other discount.
Online registration closes on November 17 at 7pm. You may also register in person at packet pick-up on November 16 & 17. No race day registration!
Co-Ed Half Marathon
Top Half Marathon Team
Top 10K Team
Top 5K Team
Team of Horses Award – team with most overall participation by a workplace
- The Workplace Race is open to teams of employees from businesses of all sizes, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and federal, state, and municipal government entities.
- Larger organizations are encouraged to form multiple teams by department, unit, branch, chapter, or school. The team name should reflect both the organization and the department so that participation may be credited for multiple teams (i.e., UTEP – Computer Science, UTEP – School of Nursing).
- Participants must be actively employed for the company they are representing (full-time or part-time). Family members and friends are not eligible to participate in Workplace Race teams but are encouraged to register as individuals, to volunteer, or to come cheer for the athletes on race day!
- Each participant must register online in order to be officially entered and eligible to run. By registering, participants certify that they fulfill the eligibility requirements.
- Teams must have 4 finishers to qualify for the Workplace Race award categories. If a team is incomplete at the close of registration, registered participants will be eligible to compete as individuals. Please note, there are no refunds due to incomplete teams.
RULES & SCORING
- Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, strollers, baby joggers, bicycles, and animals are prohibited on the race course.
- Participants must wear the provided timing chip to be scored. Scores will be based on the time elapsed between crossing the start and finish timing mats.
- Each participant may register for only one team.
- Teams will compete against other teams in their division (Half Marathon, 10K, or 5K). To be eligible for awards in a team category, at least 4 members of the team must complete the race. Regardless of how many members on your team, everyone will be timed as individuals. The 4 fastest times on the team will be averaged to determine the team time for the category. All teams are co-ed; the top 2 female times and top 2 male times will be averaged.
- WORKPLACE RACE AWARDS will be given to the fastest teams for each distance (Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K). Awards will also be given to the workplace with the most overall participation (Team of Horses Award).
- The TEAM OF HORSES Award will go to the workplace that has the largest overall participation. Please note that for purposes of the Team of Horses award, workplaces with multiple department teams will be aggregated.
- Participants who enter as a Workplace Race team remain in the running for individual Age Group awards for Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K divisions.
Thursday, November 16 (4-7pm) @ TBA
Friday, November 17 (4-7pm) @ Best Western Anthony/West El Paso
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
7:45am - Opening Ceremony & Mandatory Athlete Meeting
8am - Half Marathon begins
8:05am - 10K Run begins
8:10am - 5K Run begins
9:15am - 5K Run Awards
9:45am - 10K Run Awards
10:45am - Half Marathon Awards
No race day registration or packet pick-up.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Exit I-10 at Exit 0 for Anthony, Texas. Continue West on Antonio Street and turn onto Richard White (100 Richard White, Anthony, TX 79821 - Henry Miramontes Memorial Park). Parking will be organized by race distance. Please review the parking map to find the designated parking area for your distance.
As you leave the race site, please be aware and considerate of participants who may still be running. Your patience is appreciated.
For additional information on carpooling and how to race green, check out these suggestions.
If you are traveling from out of town, a block of rooms is available at our host hotel, Best Western Anthony / West El Paso. Anthony Flying Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K participants receive the special rate of $69/night plus tax for a room with one king or two queen beds. Book directly through this link: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/groupSearch.do?groupId=D52TP4M5.
WORKPLACE RACE AWARDS
2016 Workplace Race Top Half Marathon Team - The Hospitals of Providence
2016 Workplace Race Top 10k Team - The Hospitals of Providence
2016 Workplace Race Top 5k Team - Team Adidas
2016 Team of Horses - The Hospitals of Providence
2015 Workplace Race Top Half Marathon Team - Border Therapy Services
2015 Workplace Race Top 10k Team - Paso del Norte Health Foundation
2015 Workplace Race Top 5k Team - Get PHIIT
2015 Team of Horses - Classic American Homes
2014 Workplace Race Top Half Marathon Team - Top Gunners
2014 Workplace Race Top 5k Team - JoAnne's Justice League (El Paso County Attorney's Office)
2014 Team of Horses - Follow the WestStar
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All entry fees are non-refundable, non-deferrable, and non-transferable. No exceptions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I tell my workplace members to meet?
Workplace tents are highly recommended as a place to gather before and after the race. In addition to increasing team excitement, tents can help increase visibility for your organization. 10×10 tents are available to rent for $80. If you would prefer to bring your own 10×10 tent, you may reserve a space for $50. The deadline to rent a tent and/or reserve a space is October 1. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to make your reservation.
Do I need to wear my race number?
Yes. We use the race number to properly identify you in the case of a medical emergency and in photographs. In addition, because the events are chip-timed, race numbers are absolutely non-transferable. All participants must wear their assigned race number in full view on the front of their shirt.
What if I register and am unable to participate?
If you register and are unable to participate in the race, you are welcome to pick up your t-shirt and other race goodies at packet pick-up. All entry fees are non-refundable, non-deferrable, and non-transferable. No exceptions.
Are walkers allowed?
Walkers are welcome, but please be aware that there is a course limit of 4 hours. Walkers must complete the exact same course route and may not take optional or shortened routes.
Are headphones allowed?
Yes, headphones are allowed on the course.
Anthony Flying Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K 2017 Sponsors
To learn more about sponsoring a Race El Paso event or having a booth at the race day Expo, click here.
Anthony Flying Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K in the News
Workplace Race: Business of getting in shape - El Paso Times